Pilates is an amazing physical activity for your body and your mind. In part one of this series, we discussed how pilates classes can improve your memory and deepen muscle activation in your body. In part two, we’ll discuss how participating in regular pilates classes can calm both your mind and your motions.
Pilates Calms Both The Mind And Emotions
If you read up on New Age health methods, you’ve probably come across articles on the many benefits of meditation. Not only is meditation an incredible exercise for your mind, it can also be very beneficial to your body. Some proven benefits of meditation include:
- Meditation has been shown to relieve symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- The ancient practice has also been used to treat insomnia.
- Meditation can uncover creative thinking and sharpen the mind.
- Practicing meditation on a daily or weekly basis can help relieve stress and relieve symptoms of chronic.
- It has been shown to reduce negative emotions and can help instill positive habits.
- Meditation can lower your blood pressure and improve your cardiovascular health.
Pilates is similar to meditation, as you focus on the individual exercise at-hand and calm your mind to achieve certain postures. When you partake in a pilates class, you are forced to focus your attention on one thing: your body. Whether you want to or not, you have to clear your mind of all other distractions and focus on the task at hand. A solid pilates practice can help you achieve the same benefits of meditation without physically sitting in one place.
Pilates Can Relieve Stress Tension In Your Body
Recent studies say that physical activity can metabolize the buildup of stress hormones in the body. This means if we don’t work out or partake in some form of physical activity, stress hormones could settle in our body and cause hypertension, muscle spasms, and other pain. Through the practice of pilates, you can relieve tension that has built up in your muscles for a better quality of life.
Core10 Pilates is proud to be a leading provider of pilates classes in Omaha, If you’re looking for a high-energy pilates class to boost your metabolism into gear, sign up for one of our classes today!