I’M NEW – What should I do? Which class should I take?
Everyone starts as a rookie at Core10! Welcome to being the newest! The best way to really get a feel for the Core10 method and the results it could give you is to try 3 classes. It’s like trying on a shoe:
- The first class is like putting a shoe on for the first time. It feels new…different. You’re not quite sure and need to walk in it a little.
- The second class is like walking around in that shoe to see if it’s going to be a good fit for what you want. You’re more aware of your core in the second class and can maximize the full-body workout better than the first time.
- And the third class…well, this is where you are trying it on for the third time and it’s a great feeling! You’ll be more confident and be able to enjoy the studio vibe more as YOU are more comfortable in the newness of the workout and the environment. By now, you can also get a good sense of what our community is like and if you mesh well with it. Our community is filled with inspiring people with similar goals of maximizing their workout time to get the best results possible in the least amount of time.
Book your class online through our website HERE.
MY FIRST CLASS
You have 2 options:
- Try an Essentials Class (MWF 10 am, TTh 6:30 pm), especially if you’ve never been on a reformer before, or if you have past or current joint or spinal issues that you’ll need modifications for.
- If you’ve taken a lot of group fitness classes or have done a high-intensity, athletic Pilates class similar to Core10, then you may prefer our signature Full Body Class.
Book your first class HERE.
WHAT’S MAKES CORE10 DIFFERENT?
The Core10 workout is a challenging, core-focused group fitness class that fuses heart-pumping strength training with the precision of Pilates. It’s intense on muscle, not on the spine or joints. Expect a challenging, fat-burning workout that gives fast results. You’ll see a difference in 10 sessions (often less).
We recommend that you try Core10, even if you have no experience. The sheer variety of moves means that there’s something for everyone here, from complete beginners to seasoned athletes. If you have fitness goals and are willing to work hard, then we will expertly coach and inspire you through this amazing workout. Tap HERE to see a class in action and to read about the group mojo and more.
ADVANTAGES OF CORE10
- Core10 Takes The Complication Out Of The Workout making every class more athletic and doable for all levels, no matter your experience. Essentials is a slower-paced class with more detailed instruction and is perfect for new people and anyone who prefers this pace regularly. Our signature Full Body classes are designed for all levels. Cues are given to make it more or less challenging.
- High-Intensity. One of the main advantages of Core10 is the intensity of the workout. Expect to burn 300-600 calories per workout. Classes are designed to get your heart pumping in a way that traditional Pilates can’t, increasing your metabolism for hours after the workout to burn even more fat.
- Big Variety of Equipment – Large Reformers, Towers, Barrels, Exo Chairs, and Jumpboards. Core10‘s Allegro 2 machines are longer and wider than traditional reformers so they fit tall people easily. They’re highly adjustable reformers, allowing us to perform a lot more exercises than you can on traditional reformers. We do exercises from the front platform as well as the back, using springs in all directions. The Allegro 2 footbars are mobile from front to back, and the shoulder blocks can be used in or out. There is also a tower attached to the end of each reformer to give us even more options of exercises and variations to hit all 600 muscles of the body in every class…sometimes in every move!
HOW EARLY SHOULD I ARRIVE FOR MY FIRST CLASS?
Plan to arrive 10 minutes early to get set up on your reformer and purchase grip socks if you don’t have a pair yet (they are required).
Being late or arriving right as the class is starting may result in your not being permitted to take your scheduled class. This policy is to ensure your safety and enjoyment and well as respecting the rest of the class, who expects to start on time.
Email us with any questions at 402-915-3022 (text or call)
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO THE CORE10 WORKOUT?
Give us 50-minutes 3 times a week, and you will get results.
Some people come as little as 2 times a week and get good results.
There a quite a few members who are addicted to the results and come to 4-5 Core10 classes a week – but you always need at least 1-2 recovery days a week for best results.
WHAT IS YOUR LATE CANCELLATION POLICY?
We have a 12-hour cancellation policy. There are no exceptions. If you have to cancel inside of the 12-hour window, you’ll forfeit the class.
Members with unlimited memberships will incur an additional charge of $15 for a late cancellation and $20 for a no-show.
All cancellations must be made online through the Core10 Pilates app or through your account on our Class Schedule webpage. Email and text cancellations are not accepted as a late cancellation and may result in a no show.
I’M RUNNING LATE — WILL I LOSE MY SPOT?
It is recommended that you arrive 5-10 minutes before class so you can be getting on your reformer, preparing for classes 5 minutes before the start time. However, we understand that life happens! In the case that you arrive more than 5 minutes late for class, your spot may be given to a standby client. If you arrive more than 10 minutes after the start time, you will not be allowed entry for your safety and the experience of all clients.
If you arrive late, and we have already given your spot away, you will not be charged for the class.
HOW DO THE WAITLISTS WORK?
People cancel often (outside the 12-hour window of the class) and you’ll be automatically moved to the class when you’re next in line and a spot opens. To add yourself to the waitlist:
- Click the word “Waitlist” and add yourself.
- You’ll get an email notification that you’ve been moved from the waitlist to the class.
- Once you’ve been moved from the waitlist to the class, you own that spot and the 12-hour cancellation policy now applies to you for that class.
Waitlists are active outside the 12-hour window. If you don’t get into a class you wanted, check the schedule within the 12-hour window for any late openings – it will say “Book” if there is an opening. You may need to remove yourself from the waitlist first prior to adding yourself to class while inside the 12-hour window.
You are responsible for taking yourself off any waitlists and/or other classes that were booked. Failure to remove yourself from classes results in being charged for both classes as if you attended, no-showed, or late canceled.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING (AND NOT BRING) TO A CORE10 SESSION?
Grip Socks are required for safety and sanitary reasons. These are available for purchase at the studios. Shoes and bare feet are not permitted on the machines.
Bring a hand towel as you will most likely sweat. We have water available for purchase, but you are welcome to bring your own water bottle and fill up with our filtered, cold water that is provided at Core10.
Jewelry is NOT a good idea. Necklaces, in particular, can get caught and break.
No strong perfumes or body products in the studio. Please be courteous to classmates who may have allergies.
We have cubbies (visible in the studio) for your personal belongings, however, it’s a good idea to leave valuables at home. Out of courtesy to your trainer and classmates, cell phones need to be on silent/vibrate only. If you absolutely must be on-call during your Pilates workout, you will be expected to take your phone call outside for any conversations.
CAN I TAKE CORE10 CLASSES IF I’M PREGNANT?
If you were regularly taking Core10 before you got pregnant, you can continue to take classes as long as you feel comfortable and have your doctor’s approval. All of our instructors are trained in pre and postnatal modifications. If you are new to Core10, we do not advise you to try it for the first time when pregnant. Doctors don’t recommend taking a new workout when pregnant, especially something as core-intensive as Core10.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE PRIVATE PILATES SESSIONS?
Contact us with a call, text, or email so we can schedule your private sessions (scheduled when classes are not in sessions). Check out the options on our Pricing Page. Our New Client Intro Special is: 3 Intro Sessions for $199
If you have chronic pain, a severe medical condition, or recovering from an injury, you must have your doctor’s clearance to begin any new physical activity, such as Core10 Pilates sessions. Core10 group classes are not designed to be post-rehab, and not everyone is physically able to join classes, especially if you’re in chronic pain or have a severe medical condition. You may need to take private sessions until we approve you to join group classes.
INCLEMENT WEATHER CONDITIONS
Thanks to our local media weather coverage, we all know when there is a big snowstorm coming. If you reserve a spot, be sure that you can make it. When in doubt, take yourself out (add yourself later when you’re certain you can make it). During storms, we rely on our online reservation system to manage our schedule in advance.
Should a storm prevent trainers from getting to CORE10 studio, or a tornado warning is in effect (this does not apply if it’s a “tornado watch”), we will cancel a class, post it on our website’s Class Schedule page, Facebook, Instagram, and the Core10 Pilates mobile app. We will also notify anyone scheduled in a class that has been canceled. When in doubt, check the online schedule and your email for any class change notifications.